- Status New
- Task Type Information
- Category Documentation
- Assigned To No-one
- Operating System All
- Severity Low
- Priority Very Low
- Reported Version 1.0-rc
- Due in Version Undecided
FS#2337 - Flyspray Themes
- Current Flyspray source and the theme CleanFS provides several methods to customize the layout without touching the .tpl files. These are:
- custom_*.css files that extend or overwrite properties of CleanFS/theme.css
- 2 fields in admin area where to put code
For instance a corporate footer menu or something like that.
- Latest change in Flyspray’s github master enables a fallback to default CleanFS .tpl files if the .tpl file doesn’t exists in another theme-folder. https://github.com/Flyspray/flyspray/commit/baca7c441dbde9644b6cad73b93296a3977bf999 . This enables something like ‘sub themes’ if the wanted customization cannot be achieved by editing a custom_*.css file or the 2 admin pref fields mentioned above.
Advantages of CleanFS instead running your own
- Theme is maintained with Flyspray source. Detected security issues related with themes are fixed with Flyspray releases.
- Added features or capabilities are implemented for the default theme.
‘Subtheme’ can be a compromise: Theme CleanFS is always uptodate in sync with Flyspray. Subthemer only needs to check changes required for own subtheme .tpl files.
I do not want complete stop people from writing their whole new template, it allows new ideas implemented or alternative usability. For them, it is probably better to create a Github project for that theme.
This is just raw info from me and can be discussed. Something should be finally written on https://www.flyspray.org in the documentation area.