Flyspray - The bug killer!

  • Status Closed
  • Percent Complete
    100%
  • Task Type Bug Report
  • Category Database Queries
  • Assigned To No-one
  • Operating System Linux
  • Severity Low
  • Priority Very Low
  • Reported Version 1.0-rc
  • Due in Version Undecided
  • Due Date Undecided
  • Votes
  • Private
Attached to Project: Flyspray - The bug killer!
Opened by V - 10.02.2017
Last edited by peterdd - 11.02.2017

FS#2340 - tables created with charset = latin1 during the installation

Somewhy database tables are created with “CHARSET=latin1” during the installation thus creating records with UTF8 symbols (e.g. description written in russian language) fail.

I was scared by .xml installation files so I did not touch them and fixed the issue after the installation instead:

$ mysqldump -uuser -ppassword database > database.sql;
$ cat database.sql | sed 's/CHARSET=latin1/CHARSET=utf8/g' > database_new.sql;
$ mysql -uuser -ppassword database < database_new.sql;
Closed by  peterdd
11.02.2017 08:05
Reason for closing:  Not a bug
Project Manager
peterdd commented on 10.02.2017 18:25

Which version of MySQL do you have?
Which version of ADOdb? (vendor/adodb/adodb-php/)
Do you choosed 'mysqli' during setup?

I thought I fixed it with this in 2015:

https://github.com/Flyspray/flyspray/commit/8cbd42ff9c1da6b4bddd8b5a3e2e2434ff504bdf

Or when you create the database before the browser guided install:

CREATE DATABASE flyspray DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;

I think that if the database is created with utf8 charset options, then the created tables and fields are automatic using utf8.

Maybe your Mysql server has latin1 as default charset and you created the flyspray database by hand (or with phpmyadmin) without adding that explicit charset option?

V commented on 11.02.2017 07:56

Sorry, my bad.

mysql> show variables like "%char%";
+--------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| Variable_name            | Value                               |
+--------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| character_set_client     | utf8                                |
| character_set_connection | utf8                                |
| character_set_database   | latin1                              |
| character_set_filesystem | binary                              |
| character_set_results    | utf8                                |
| character_set_server     | latin1                              |
| character_set_system     | utf8                                |
| character_sets_dir       | /usr/share/percona-server/charsets/ |
+--------------------------+-------------------------------------+
8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I'm using Percona XtraDB server version 5.5, it uses latin1 by default and I have created the database without explicitly specifying the charset.

Loading...

Available keyboard shortcuts

Tasklist

Task Details

Task Editing